BREAKING NEWS: State Farm awards $25,000 grants to 40 nonprofit organizations
State Farm helps make a big impact on communities. In 2018, State Farm gave a $25,000 grant to “Sharp Dressed Man: Empowering men to improve their lives through professional presentation" in Baltimore, MD. Today, La Cumbre is asking State Farm for a $25,000 grant for "Women Rising: Salary negotiation for all" in Rochester, NY.
Do you think we should win? We do!
Stay tuned... in August we’ll need your help to vote on Facebook.
Starting August 14th you'll get 10 votes per day per email!
2019 VIDEOS / RADIO / Photos:
Listen to Connections WXXI Radio: The state of equal pay
2019 WXXI Connections: Understanding the gender pay gap, and the double gap for Latinas
- Gaynelle Wethers, president of AAUW
- Jackie Ortiz, member of Rochester City Council
- Julie Damerell, associate professor emeritus at MCC; and volunteer for League of Women Voters, Action Together Rochester, and the Worker Justice Center Green Light campaign
2019 Equal Pay Day Rally/Press Conference
Speakers (left to right) Dr. Daniele Lyman-Torres, Commissioner of the Department of Recreation and Youth Services City of Rochester, New York (on behalf of the Mayor), Molly Clifford, Rochester Councilmember Northwest Distric, Elaine Spaull, Rochester Councilmember East District, Gaynelle Wethers President Rochester American Association of University Women (AAUW), Jackie Ortiz City of Rochester Council-member At-large and Co-founder La Cumbre - Latinos United for Progress, Jerome Underwood President & CEO Action for a Better Community Inc. (ABC), Sylvia Mendez Assistant Director Financial Aid Monroe Community College (MCC), Angelica Perez-Delgado President & CEO Ibero-American Action League, Barb Moore President Rochester National Organization for Women (NOW)
PAST YEAR’S VIDEOS / RADIO / Photos:
Listen to WXXI Radio Past Years:
- Beth Cordello, chair of the labor and employment practice group at Pullano & Farrow
- Julie Damerell, associate professor emeritus at MCC
- Catherine Cerulli, director of the Susan B. Anthony Center at the University of Rochester
- Cynthia Herriott, VP for public policy for the American Association of University Women (AAUW) NY Board
- Deborah Hughes, executive director, Susan B. Anthony Museum and House
- Donna Seymour, public policy vice president for the American Association of University Women of New York State
- Catherine Cerulli, director, Susan B. Anthony Center for Women's Leadership at the University of Rochester
- Marilyn Tedeschi, VP of the Women's Institute for Leadership and Learning in Seneca Falls
La Cumbre advocates
La Cumbre advocates for a wide range of economic justice issues affecting Latinas, from the sticky floor of poverty to opportunities that crack the glass ceiling. These include welfare reform, livable wages, job discrimination, pay equity, housing, social security, pension reform, and much more.
EMAIL advocate@LatinaPayEquity.com if you want to learn how to negotiate a better salary or join a group of energetic people helping to close the wage gap or want more information about events and activities for pay equity for all women.